Many consider small and medium sized businesses (SME) in the UK to be fundamental to the overall economy. However, during the COVID-19 pandemic, many SMEs struggled financially. With this high level of exposure, the UK government provided financial support to SMEs, in addition to the role Funding Xchange played in facilitating access to loans.
In a recent Fintech Club webinar, hosted by London and Partners, Alla Gancz (Capco, UK Head of Digital) and Katrin Herrling (Funding Xchange, Co-founder & CEO) explored the SME segment in the UK and how the government provided support, as well as Funding Xchange’s role.
Download this article to read the highlights from Katrin Herrling’s conversation with Alla Gancz, including:
- The state of collaboration with incumbents
- Progressing forward out of the pandemic
- Unprecedented consequences of government intervention
- The pressure on the fintech sector today
- Why 2021 will be the year of reinvention.
For more information about how Capco Digital is helping banks and fintechs innovate and digitalize during COVID-19, please contact Alla Gancz.