ROOM TO READ
Our partnership with Room to Read began in 2013. Since then, we have:
- Raised funds to build a school in the Puttalam region of Sri Lanka.
- Built the Chruol Thmey primary school in the Prey Veng district of Cambodia, providing thousands of students access to a quality education program; the school will receive a book-filled library along with a multi-year training program for teachers to deliver first-class support to students.
- Built three libraries in India.
- Conducted pro-bono internal operations and technology-based projects for the organisation.
BANKERS WITHOUT BORDERS
Capco has supported Bankers Without Borders since 2014. Our key successes to date:
- In 2017, we allocated $40,000 to this strategic partnership and launched nine global projects.
- Over 2,000 hours of volunteering across three continents so far.
- Our volunteer program has included employees from the United States, India, and Hong Kong, and we have plans to expand to other regions in 2018.
2017 REGIONAL INITIATIVES:
- Capco movie night - A staggering $32,800 raised for the ‘Evangel Children’s Home’
- 20 Capco colleagues also decorated the activity hall for the children’s home
- Youth Home & Education Service - $29,800 raised through a variety of activities
- Christmas Decoration - $3,000 raised for children in need from a decorating event hosted by Capco Hong Kong
- UNICEF Switzerland - Capco Zurich, London and Bratislava have been working on a pro-bono consulting project with UNICEF. We are helping them develop their digital offering and have delivered an initial prototype for their website. UNICEF have now asked Capco to create a Proof of Concept for them
- Setup an ongoing process to sell old printer cartridges and donate proceeds
- €72,000 raised! Furniture was sold from the old German office and proceeds were donated to charity organizations
- Christmas presents donated to homeless children
- Frankfurt Christmas market in collaboration with UNICEF
- Tombola fund raising at the German Christmas party
- Teapot Trust strategy initiative - Capco ran workshops and brainstorming sessions with the charity’s founder and its board of directors to spec out its strategic growth plan. We delivered short, medium, and long-term growth plans, revamped the charity’s website and helped improve their offline social presence
- Yarn Festival - Capco helped The Teapot Trust raise over £5,000 by supporting it through multiple initiatives including volunteering at the Edinburgh Yarn Festival weekend and hiking 42km across three mountains to complete the ‘3 peaks challenge’!
- Cramond Beach Clean Up - The team covered a 100m section of the beach, and weighed and documented everything, as part of an EU-wide survey
- Rugby4Heroes - We supported two events, raising more than £15,000! Additionally, Capco internally raised approximately £450 by organizing a golf tournament and rugby match
- Hackney Just Giving Live event - Over £9,500 raised for three charities at this crowdfunding event
- Work Experience Week - Held in July for 15 students from local disadvantaged schools. Students were trained on Key Consulting Skills and later, they presented on an ‘End to End’ view of what it’s like to be a consultant to their teachers, Capco employees and representatives from Deutsche Bank
- SSAFA - We ran two fundraising activities for the Armed Forces charity: a ‘Big Brew Up’ and a Collection at Old Street Station.
- Positive East - Supported as part of ‘World Aids Day’. Over £300 was raised
- Operation Refugee Child - Capco jointly partnered and hosted a multi-regional event to give something back to those in need
- New City Kids Campaign - Raised $15,000 for New City Kids
- Habitat for Humanity - Building homes for those in need
- Southern Crossing - Home building for the local community
- Hurricane relief efforts - Raised $9,000 for people effected by recent hurricanes