We believe that everyone should write their own story and design a career that suits them. We promise to provide you with the tools and coaching so that you can rise as fast as your work and achievements allow.
Location: New York NY
Capco, a global business and technology consultancy dedicated solely to the financial services industry. Our professionals combine innovative thinking with our unrivalled first-hand industry knowledge to offer our clients consulting expertise, complex technology and package integration, and managed services to move their organizations forward.
You want a job that will embrace your curiosity, grow your skills and put you on the forefront of innovation. Problem is, the market today is full of companies who talk about innovation but have little ability to actually do it. Innovation has become so ubiquitous, save for one space...the financial sector. In this space, the traditional approaches are now obsolete. One hundred years of consulting and marketing are gone. Alternative approaches already adopted by those outside finance aren't a novelty, they're all they've got left.
Working at Capco will give you the chance to help solve significant business issues and transform the world’s most innovative financial services organizations during a period of sweeping industry change.
Capco, a Consulting Magazine “Best Firms to Work For” 2013, is rapidly expanding our footprint in North America and is looking for a UI Developer to join our on-site delivery center, working for one of our largest accounts. This individual will be responsible for overall UI design and development.
– Be a subject matter expert for the entire UI layer
– Work with User Experience team and design the right technical solution
– Understand requirements and provide estimates
– High-level technical design
– Core framework development
– Mentor junior developers
– Provide expert guidance in using JQuery, Backbone.js and Spring MVC framework
– Perform code reviews to ensure quality
– Develop UI test strategy and unit testing framework
Required Technical Skills
– Create precise interfaces from wireframes or visual mockups using maintainable and reusable code
– Demonstrable appreciation of UI design best practice (this is not a design role, but must be able to make smart design choices when needed)
– Understanding of RESTful web services and understanding of JSON
– Master cross-browser HTML and CSS
– Worked in Agile development environments
– Ability to keep up with evolving web standards (HTML5, CSS3, Ecmascript 5+) and best practices
– Self-managed developer, also able to work closely with and incorporate feedback from engineers, user experience team and product managers
– Use of Subversion for version control
– Understanding of Responsive Design and Development
Nice to Have Technical Skills
– Experience with server side programming (Python, Ruby, Node-js, Java, etc.)
– Developed applications using Spring framework and Spring MVC
– Developed applications with Tomcat
– Contributor to Open-Source projects
– Examples of websites/webapps built
– Experience in financial/mortgage sector